Wellness Tips, Healthy Recipes, Inspirations, Lifestyle, Nutrition + More

How to eat the foods you love without the guilt!

Share:

YOU CAN EAT THE FOOD YOU LOVE and enjoy it too!

That’s some good news isn’t it!

Food is something we enjoy; something that gives us energy and helps our body function. But imagine if you were to give up your favorite (unhealthy) food forever. Do you think you could? Many who jump on a ‘diet’ 100% end up feeling stressed and give it up in a short period of time. The more a food is a no-no the more appealing it is – you want it and actually crave it. Eventually, you can’t help but give in but instead of in moderation – it’s an all out pigfest.

Say Yes to Eating Foods You Love

There is a very successful eating philosophy that my partner and I talked about on our weight loss and sugar busting webinar the other night.  It’s called the 90/10 Philosophy.

Simply, it is to eat well and healthy 90% of the time, and let yourself indulge in your favorites without guilt 10% of the time.

When we eat good foods and really are mindful about taking care of what we eat 90%, we can enjoy what we want the other 10% of the time.  And that include the pizza or hamburgers.

Deprivation is not a sustainable way to make changes that last. You may be able to go cold turkey on your favorite food for one or two weeks, but want happens after your “diet” is over? Most people will probably binge, feel bad, and give up completely.

Allowing yourself to eat what you love, and possibly finding healthier substitutes to satisfy your taste buds, is how you can make healthy changes that will bring you benefits for a long time to come.

IMPORTANT NOTE

Accept a gradual progression to the 90/10 way. Where ever you are in your wellness journey it didn’t happen overnight so don’t expect to get here overnight. Make sure you are making different choices and be mindful of what you are eating is a great start. 

I had a piece of deep dish spinach pizza the other night and absolutely enjoyed it. I wanted it, had it and enjoyed it. But I didn’t have 3 and I didn’t allow myself to feel guilty. I just ate it. Then I had a big apple (I am talking a big ‘ol honey crisp – yum! ).

Do you like red meat every now and then?

Eat a smaller portion of it with a big salad. Read more on Beef up Your Salad.  Or make some delicious Meatloaf Muffins.

What is a favorite food that will make your day if you ate it? 
Include a moderate amount in your plan so that you don’t feel deprived. By incorporating and even planning to eat these, we will crave them less and not feel like it was ‘taken away’.

And you can upgrade your favorite food too. 
For example, if you love chocolate (I do), you can upgrade your cookies or candy bar to organic dark chocolate that is full of antioxidants and flavonoids, and you don’t need much of it because it is flavorful and satisfying. (It took moving up the dark chocolate ladder slowly for me to love it. Now, it is only dark chocolate or cacao only!)

Better yet, try what I snack on myself – delicious, healthy and nutritious protein-rich bars (you’ll think you are eating something bad for you but you’re not). High in protein, 10-12 grams, low-glcyemic, natural sugars, gluten-free and non-GMO. The Fudgie Delite bar will satisfy even the strongest chocolate cravings. They are available on-line and will ship right to your front door, for way under $3.00 a bar. (I love to recommend products that I personally enjoy and can feel good about sharing. 🙂 )  www.cindynunnery.com/store.

“Ask yourself what you can eat, not what you can’t – learn mindful eating!” – Cindy Nunnery (click to Tweet)

Cindy Nunnery
cindy@cindynunnery.com

“I teach you how to Look Your Best. Feel Your Best. For Good.”

P.S. Having a hard time stopping at that one piece of the chocolate cake even when you allow it based on the above 90/10 Philosophy? This is the program you need – Jumpstart & Sugar Buster program.

 Did this tip on how to eat food you love help? If so, I would greatly appreciate it if you commented below and shared on Facebook & Twitter.  

Get wellness tips, yummy recipes and inspirations - all for free of course! Join my email community.





CHOOSE YOUR INSPIRATION

error

Enjoy this blog? Please spread the word :)

Enjoy this post? Please spread the word :)