Wellness Tips, Clean & Healthy Recipes, Inspirations, Lifestyle, Nutrition + More
I grew up on cabbage soup. I love the colors and all the veggies in it – it makes me feel good eating it. Plus after a weekend of some indulging, this is the perfect soup to make because it’s filling and has some awesome cleansing qualities.
The Best Cabbage Soup Recipe Ever
- ½ head of green cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup white or yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes (or 2-3 Tbls tomato paste)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- few shakes of black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat
- Sauté celery, onions, bell peppers, and carrots until slightly tender
- Add the garlic
- Pour in chicken broth
- Stir in tomatoes and cabbage
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat
- Stir in oregano, basil, red pepper flakes, black pepper and salt
- Cook until cabbage is tender
- Taste broth and adjust seasoning if needed
- Serve and enjoy!
Personalize For Your Taste
Add your favorite spices & herbs and any variety of veggies you like (zucchini, green beans, etc). For extra greens, add spinach during warming so it wilts.
Store in refrigerator for about 3 days, if it lasts that long (lol).