Wellness Tips, Healthy Recipes, Inspirations, Lifestyle, Nutrition + More
After buying too many English Cucumbers (I can’t resist a ‘5 for’ sale) when I was grocery shopping, I needed to get them prepped and I wanted to find some different ways to serve. Of course i have my two favorite ways – raw cut for eating with hummus or nut butter and a cucumber, tomato, onion salad. I have also found a couple other ways that me and my family enjoy.
Containing about 95% water and helps hydrate you AND with vitamin K, B vitamins, copper, potassium, vitamin C, and manganese, cucumbers can help you to avoid nutrient deficiencies that are widespread when eating a SAD or Standard American diet.
Cucumbers also contain unique polyphenols and other compounds that may help reduce your risk of chronic diseases and so much more.
So eat up – cucumbers are so tasty and good for you!
Here are 5 Ways to Enjoy Cucumber
Cucumber, tomato, onion salad
Chop up cucumber, tomato and onion. Marinate with Good Seasons Copycat italian dressing.
Lemon Cucumber Spa Water
Infuse water with fresh cut cucumber & lemon. Add basil, tarragon or mint.
Mix all ingredients below in a bowl, cover and refrigerate a few hours (overnight is best) to let flavors fuse. Serve with healthy Beantos tortilla chips. (Want it less chunky? Chop it up more or give it a pulse or two in food processor.)
- 1 large english or 2 medium cucumbers, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon pink salt
Cucumber spears served hummus or nut butter
A great low glycemic snack. Cut fresh english cucumber into spears (or fun hearts 🙂 ) and keep in refrigerator to have available anytime. Serve with hummus or nut butter.
Creamy Cucumber Soup
This cool, refreshing cucumber soup from Andrew Zimmern, as published on FoodandWine.com, gets tang and creaminess from Greek yogurt and big, summery flavor from lots of fresh herbs.
- 2 large English cucumbers (2 1/4 pounds), halved and seeded. Chop 1/2 cup finely diced, the rest coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/3 cup loosely packed dill
- 1/4 cup loosely packed flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons loosely packed tarragon leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Fresh ground white pepper
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- In a blender, combine the chopped cucumber with the yogurt, lemon juice, shallot, garlic, dill, parsley, tarragon and the 1/4 cup of olive oil. Blend until smooth. Season with salt and white pepper, cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Season the soup again just before serving. Pour the soup into bowls. Garnish with the finely diced cucumber, red onion and a drizzle of olive oil and serve.
Did You Like This Post? If so, I would greatly appreciate it if you commented below and shared on Facebook
If you enjoyed this post on delicious cucumbers, Like, Comment, Share, and Retweet